Find out what it takes to get into EA-RET
The M.Sc Programme in Energy Access and Renewable Energy Technology is deigned to equip students with the advanced knowledge and skills to develop a successful career in the rapidly growing energy access sector of Nigeria and Sub- Saharan African in general.
The Msc programme includes enabling platforms that will make students to acquire the state-of-the-art technical and soft skills/competencies required to design renewable energy systems, or to focus on financing and managing renewable engineering systems and projects.
Our vision is to be positioned as a world-class programme for producing the next generation of energy professionals with broader wisdom to navigate the complex technical, policy, management and financing challenges facing the off-grid and mini-grid energy access sector.
The graduate will be able to deliver the capacity to enhance:
- The various renewable energy technologies aimed at energy access at household, public and productive uses.
- Appropriate delivery mechanisms, business models and innovative entrepreneurial responses to rural and economic development as well as marketing innovation.
- The social context and consumer environment including gender and energy, understanding consumer preferences and behaviour, consumption and technology adoption patterns.
- Policy, planning, regulatory and legal considerations including energy systems modelling, policy mechanism to stimulate innovation and energy access markets.
* Candidates for the MSc programme shall possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a CGPA of not less than 3.00 on a 5-point scale (60%) or an acceptable postgraduate diploma (PGD) in engineering with a minimum CGPA 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
* An applicant with a postgraduate diploma must possess a BSc/B.Eng degree with at least a third class.
* In addition, the candidates must possess at least credit passes in the Senior Secondary School ﬁnal year examination or GCE ‘O’ Level in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other science related subject. Efforts would be put in place to ensure that at least 30% of the yearly intake would be qualiﬁed females to guarantee gender main streaming in the EA-RET projects.
* Must Have Completed NYSC before September, 2021 (applicable to Nigerians only)
Full-Time: 18 Calendar Months, Part-Time: 36 Calendar Months
Detailed Method of Application:
1. Application form is to be filled online (www.otiuniport.edu.ng), with the relevant attachments
2. A non-refundable Application Fee of N20,000 (Twenty Thousand Naira) in certified bankdraft made payable to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt or Payment made online via Debit card
3. Application portal will be shut down on Monday 31st August, 2021
4. Ensure you scan and rename your passport to first name: Surname before upload (e.g
5. Limited Scholarship space is available.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED
NB: Please ensure the listed documents are ready before filling the online form
i. Degree certificate
ii. Birth certificate/Statutory declaration
iii. LGA Identification certificate (if applicable)
iv. SSCE certficate or equivalent
v. NYSC certificate (if applicable)
vi. Transcript of the relevant academic records need not be uploaded, but it should be sent directly to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt
1. Ensure you have the above documents (i – v) ready
2. Save the 4 documents in a folder
3. Select the Multiple files and upload
For Tech. support, Call/Whatsapp 07031684332